When buying or selling a property overseas, one of the most important factors to consider is how to exchange your currency. It is as important as negotiating the price.
Purchasers of property abroad are always keen to negotiate a good price, but most fail to realise that they can also achieve significant savings by receiving the best currency exchange rates.
Whilst the natural inclination is to go to your local High Street bank to transfer funds abroad, this is usually a fairly expensive way of doing it. Exchange rates and commissions provided by high street banks are significantly less favourable than those offered by our specialist foreign exchange partner.
Our hand picked UK based Currency Exchange partners have been handling currency exchanges for our clients for many years.
We base our selection criteria on 1) clear accountability, and security of funds transfer 2) highly availability by phone and email 3) offer dedicated and focused management services 4) Knowledge of the Malta property market. 5) Competitive exchange rates compared to other organisations.
Our Currency partners can help you achieve commercial exchange rates, have tools available to protect you from adverse exchange rate movements and will make the whole process simple and straightforward from start to finish.
Transactions arranged through our partners are always at the most competitive rates, and the service is fast, efficient and hassle free. They offer:
- Security of funds – Authorised by the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) under the Payment Services Directive
- Fully Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for the provision of payment services and for compliance with the Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Client funds are held in segregated Client Accounts.
- No fees and No commissions on exchange of currency
- Specialists in Foreign Currency Transactions, with calls answered personally in the UK
- A Stress Free Personal Service
- Full Compliance with H M Customs & Excise
- Registered with UK Money Transmitters Association
For avoidance of doubt we only put vendors or purchasers in touch with our partners if:
- You are registered with us for a sale or purchase of property in Gozo or Malta
- You have entered a formal Promise of Sale agreement in Gozo or Malta
- You have authorised us verbally or in writing, including email or other forms of messaging, to pass your contact details to a currency broker
Contact us if you wish to explore currency exchange options and we will be pleased to assist.